ONLY DIGITAL FILES ARE ACCEPTED
- Ad sizes are available on the web site.
- Preferred format for submission of an ad is a PDF file (use PDFX-1A compliant setting).
- Ensure that only one ad is included per PDF/X-1a file.
- Please supply a composite proof for color. Without a proof, WV Living Magazine is not responsible for the content of your ad.
- Ads created in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Power Point, or any PC-based word processing program cannot be accepted.
- Ads created in QuarkXPress and PageMaker cannot be accepted.
- Ad creation is available through WV Living Magazine’s Art Department at our normal ad production rate.
The following guidelines should be followed when creating content for print advertising.
- All high-resolution images must be included. Do not embed OPI information in files.
- Images are required to be SWOP TR 005 compliant.
- CMYK or Grayscale only.
- Convert any Spot colors (Pantone colors) into CMYK.
- Minimum resolution of 300 dpi. 350 dpi preferred.
- Screening set at 150 lpi.
- Apply image trapping as needed.
- Do not nest EPS files within other EPS files.
- Save images in TIFF or EPS format, with no ICC profiles embedded.
- Only use Type 1 or TrueType fonts.
- Text containing thin lines, serifs, or small lettering should be restricted to one color.
- Reverse lettering should be spread with the dominant color used for letter shapes,
while subordinate colors are to be spread slightly, to minimize registration issues.
- Surprinting/Overprinting: When type is intended to surprint/overprint, the background
should be no heavier than 30% in any color and a total of no more than 90% in all four colors.
Marks & Positioning
- Include standard Trim, Bleed & Center marks for ALL separations placed .125” outside Trim area.
- File should be Right Reading, Portrait Mode, and sized at 100%, with no rotations applied.
- For Full Page Ads, all live content intended to print must be kept at least .25” inside Trim size.
- For Spread Ads, all live content should be kept at least .25” from gutter for each side.